Free Mismatched Chairs: Extreme Home Makeover Edition

There's a lot of chairs in the world. Zillions of them. A chair is a chair is a chair. They all have some type of leg-system, some type of large expansive flat surface for your butt to spread out onto, and generally some type of back support. My personal thought is if a chair works, and really it doesn't take a lot for them to "work", then what's the point in perpetuating and buying into the manufacturing of NEW chairs to add to the excessively overhwhelming pile of already-made chairs. Already-made chairs that are even being given away for FREE! Imagine that. Just go to craigslist and type in free chairs, you'll be overwhelmed. Most likely initially overhwhelmed by their ugliness - INITIALLY I said. Here's my tip -- boil it down people. Look past the pooey brown 80's wood, look past the pukey green 70's plastic, look past the moldy 60's fabric...look past all of that and boil it down.

Legs attached and sturdy? Check. Acceptable butt-holding-area? Check. Back mechanics in place? Check.

The whole making it pretty to your liking part? Easy.

I gathered up a motley crew of mismatched chairs, and simply gave them all the same treatment. It achieves a cohhesive yet still interesting and dynamic look. One part your favorite colors, one part a funky fabric, mix in some hot glue, ribbon, and a staple gun (which seriously, use with caution. My first staple was successful! Successfully lodged into my hand.)

And you got some one-of-a-kind-masterpiece-butt-holders.


{fondue night pictured....fondue should be my next post}



{I even used leftover fabric as a makeshift runner}

Comments

Mom said…
Very amazing tranformations!
You have such creativity.
I just love the photos!
The whole piece is so polished!
Love you Lots!
I love how your photography casts everything in such a creative light. You know how to capture the beauty in everything and present it so well -- and make it look easy to do! Though I know there would be scraps of fabric and paint all over the place if I tried this haha.

I wish I was that creative when it came to home furnishings. If you saw my apartment, you might die... or see the positives in it and turn it into something AMAZING!

popular posts

It's the Most Wonderul Time of the Year

DIY Graphic Headboard

Life Is Not a Journey, It's an Adventure

Happy Halloween-EVE!

Switzerland (Honeymoon Part 1 of 3)

The Plunge

Soul Ryder Hughes

DIY Glam Silver Canvas Tiles

I'm back. Let's do this.